Sr. Public Relations Manager
at OneCare Media in Seattle
OneCare Media is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
About the Role
OneCare is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Sr. Public Relations Manager. Your work will help amplify the visibility of the OneCare portfolio and it’s staff of subject matter experts.
This role involves supporting the content and marketing teams by working with our subject matter experts (MDs, practitioners, etc.) and interfacing with major media outlets to increase exposure and coverage. You’ll work collaboratively with internal teams both remote and full time as well as our external partners across a broad range of health verticals.
This position reports to OneCare’s Chief Marketing Officer and will be based out of our Seattle office (remote through mid-2021).
What You'll Do
- Research online channels for subjects and trending news stories
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Interface with editors and journalists as well as our network of experts to help generate coverage and improve content quality
- Monitor news and proactively pitch new stories
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our portfolio of sites and our experts
What We Are Looking For
- Passion for and demonstrated success is public relations and media relations
- 5+ years experience working with press, reporters, international/national news outlets
- 2-4+ years experience working in an agency or similar PR environment, with background in topics of health
- Experience running surveys and crafting stories from data to pitch to national news
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Content syndication experience
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Product management experience
- CMS experience - specifically with wordpress
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Background in health, wellness
Who We Are
- We’re a small but rapidly growing company with a driven but casual culture
- We’re able to problem solve creatively while keeping our focus on the important aspects of the business
- We’re flexible and can roll with changes as we pursue our goals
- We’re open to new ideas while also verbalizing our own perspectives
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.