Front End Engineer
at OneCare Media in Seattle, Washington
OneCare Media is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
About the Role
As a Front-end Developer at OneCare, you will play a critical role in OneCare Media’s growth. Your role will be responsible for developing new features, collaborating with the team in design sessions and participating in our gitflow & agile processes. You will be committing code daily, sometimes as a team, and most often on your own. Since WordPress powers the majority of our sites, we're looking for someone who brings experience, not only maintaining and optimizing performance, but who can help create opportunities for growth through newer concepts like headless WordPress.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY-TO-DAY
- Writing code with a focus on performance, speedy page load times, improving conversion rates
- Building sites and implementing redesigns, designed in Illustrator/Sketch, on our WordPress or static-based sites
- Coding features for our sites (both through WP Themes and not) using HTML5/CSS/PHP/JS
- Designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests, as well as optimizing conversions with A/B testing.
- Future-proofing our sites with maintenance fixes, updating features, and rolling out responsive, mobile-friendly platforms
- Conversing, committing, and delivering via Asana/Slack/GitHub/email (in whatever order that is)
- Exploring new technologies/tools for finding solutions to new (and old) problems (think headless WordPress)
APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE (THINGS YOU’LL HAVE TO KNOW)
- Experience with static site generators like Jekyll, Gatsby, or Hugo
- Fundamental PHP experience especially as it relates to maintaining WordPress themes and websites
- Semantic HTML
- Sass, Bourbon, etc. (or other CSS pre-processor)
- CSS Frameworks (Bourbon/Neat, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience with build and package management tools like Gulp, NPM, Webpack, etc
- Structured Data
- Advanced understanding of all the cool buzzwords… SEO, Web-standards, accessibility and usability concepts, information architecture, UX & UI design (heavy on the UX)
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude
- A GitHub account or experience with other version control systems
- HTML, CSS
- PHP, WordPress, MySQL
Prefer to have:
- Jekyll, Liquid (templating)
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager/Google Optimize
- JAMstack (Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo)
- AWS Lambda, RDS, Firebase, Netlify
- MongoDB, GraphQL, and Apollo
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.