at OneCare Media in Seattle
OneCare Media is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
About the Role
OneCare is looking for an editorial strategist and leader to help us create best-in-class content for the premium destination in the sleep industry for 20 years, SleepFoundation.org. As Editor-in-Chief, you’ll act as a brand ambassador, partnering with organizations and experts in the industry, while also managing the brands’ narratives and overseeing/steering/leading/guiding the editorial direction and execution for the site.
The brand is at the beginning stages of its next phase, and the Editor-in-Chief will be responsible for continuing that evolution. The right leader will find a way to deliver time-sensitive, authoritative, rigorously researched content in an easy-to-read, approachable format for our audiences. Your sleeves will be rolled up to put the audience first and bring the best sleep-based content products to market, working with design, technology, data, marketing, and SEO teams.
This position reports to OneCare’s Chief Digital Officer and will be based out of our Seattle office (remote through 2021).
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Chief Digital Officer and manage the editorial team, overseeing the editorial calendar strategy, including developing and executing concepts to support our mission to maintain our authority in sleep
- Build and scale an effective (and measurable) partnership/syndication strategy to generate awareness and credibility for the brand
- Inspire editors and writers to excel at story structure, source-development, expert input, and story selection
- Anticipate, communicate, and adjust resource needs to serve our audiences
- Partner with marketing, content, and dev to drive campaigns, develop unique articles on trending subjects in health, and improve the sites’ visual presentations
- Ensure SEO excellence across the site
- Stay abreast of market and competitor trends and tactics; turn that research and intel into an appropriate action plan for the brand
- Develop and maintain a budget for the site
- Collaborate productively with cross-functional partners to drive action and realize goals
What We Are Looking For
- At least 10+ years of experience in editorial, content production, and/or brand management
- Passion for health, wellness, and your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you
- Advanced editorial skills and experience building, adapting, producing narratives, news information, developing contributors, and keeping creative work streams on track
- Success in managing a team of content producers and maintaining a network of contributors and experts
- Strong knowledge of SEO, social media platforms, newsletters, and audience management
- Possess a thorough understanding of user intent and experience, and the process by which to measure and analyze them
- A team player with a positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Portfolio of excellent written examples
Who We Are
- We’re a rapidly growing company with a driven but casual culture
- We’re able to problem solve creatively while keeping our focus on the important aspects of the business
- We’re flexible and adaptable as we pursue our goals
- We’re open to new ideas while also verbalizing our own perspectives
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.