VP of People & Culture
at OneCare Media in Seattle
OneCare Media is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands empower individuals to make better informed, more personalized decisions in their health & wellness journeys.
We are in the early stages of what we can achieve and are looking for a VP of People & Culture to lead and develop our people strategy and initiatives. This role will be based in Seattle and report into the Chief Operating Officer.
About the Role
As the VP of People & Culture, you will oversee all aspects of human resources, and ensure that OneCare keeps people at the heart of what we do. This role will be responsible for bringing a people-centric, growth-oriented approach to our people strategies, ensuring that our teams and business have the capabilities and support to scale.
What You'll Do
- Be thought leader & trusted advisor to leaders, managers, and individual contributors to help them deliver their best work everyday
- Manage the people operations function for a rapidly growing organization, and all the opportunities / challenges that come with high growth
- Design and build the organization capability to deliver against strategic goals & objectives
- Develop a best-in-class recruiting and onboarding process through strategic talent planning, capacity design, sourcing strategy, candidate experience, and onboarding. Build and oversee an in-house recruiting team to accelerate our growth, and ensure that hiring strategies attract a diverse team
- Refine our approach to performance management, rewards & compensation, and organizational development to ensure we are investing in developing our existing team
- Engage OneCare’s employees wherever they are, by designing onboarding, total rewards, recognition, team building, and communication programs that reinforce OneCare’s culture, mission, and values
- Coach and mentor others, listen effectively, and build rapport with a diverse workforce -- helping employees at all levels develop
What We Are Looking For
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in human resources / people operations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving. Startup experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience at companies operating across multiple states / remote locations a plus!
- Deep understanding of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and learning & development
- Ability to navigate complex conversations compassionately and deliver positive outcomes
- Passion for excellence and the desire to have a significant impact on the team & company. You enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment with lots of ambiguity & new challenges
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.