Accounts Payable Specialist
at OneCare Media in Seattle
OneCare Media is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
We are in the early stages of what we can achieve, and are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance team. As an early member of the team, you will play an integral role in creating and establishing policies and best practices regarding AP procedures, further supporting & scaling our processes and systems. This role reports into the Controller and will be based in our Seattle office (remote through 2021).
What You'll Do
- Own the end-to end payment process for vendor accounts, corporate credit cards, and employee expense reports
- Record A/P invoices and GL transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Collect new vendor information, including W-9 forms to ensure compliance in ERP system
- Lead the effort in resolving vendor discrepancies, outstanding disputes, and/or vendor credits
- Complete reconciliations of vendor activity, A/P GL transactions, and other related activity
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process as it relates to AP
- Complete vendor file audits regularly to ensure payments and credits are applied to invoices correctly and identify invoices that need to be accrued to the accounting team
- Assist with preparation and entry of journal entries into the GL
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and support the team on projects as needed
- Assist with monthly customer commission calculations and invoicing
- Use independent judgement to evolve the AP function by creating and establishing proper process documentation, best practices, and other policy updates to meet and adapt to changing needs in our business
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required;
- 2+ years of related A/P/ Accounting experience
- High-growth start-up experience is a plus!
- Strong working knowledge of the General Ledger and GAAP
- Direct working experience with Quickbooks
- Strong spreadsheet and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to get your hands dirty -- you enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment where everyone pitches in to get the job done
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.