Director of Social
Director of Social
OneCare Media is a high-growth, digital media startup committed to bettering the health & wellness of our community. Through expert-driven resources and curated recommendations, OneCare helps consumers make better informed, more personalized decisions in their healthcare journeys.
We are in the early stages of what we can achieve and are looking for a Director of Social to drive meaningful change in the business. This role will be based in either Austin or Seattle and report directly to the CGO.
About the Role
As the Director of Social, you will drive organic and paid traffic growth while overseeing social content and strategy that elevates brand presence and fosters a sense of community with our users. You will collaborate with our Content & Creative teams to maintain alignment on brand voice, stay on top of emerging trends and platforms, and amplify our engagement with our community.
You have a track record of developing highly creative social media marketing campaigns and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing. The ideal candidate rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, as they find new, innovative ways to understand our users and their preferences to make strategic business decisions. You embrace a data-driven approach to finding insights and understand how to transform high-level concepts into action.
What You'll Do
- Manage the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels
- Establish KPIs for the department and aggressively optimize performance to grow users, improve engagement, revenue, and other business-impactful metrics
- Assist in creation, development, and implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform
- Manage the content development relationships with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, TikTok and other emerging channels
- Provide inspirational and creative thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of new and existing target audiences
- Manage teams that plan and carry out campaigns, on time, on budget, to scope
- Work closely with the analytics teams to integrate and measure the value and impact of our social media marketing opportunities
- Establish repeatable operational methodologies and mechanisms that enable frugal, fast content development and distribution
- Work with agencies, publishers, platforms (directly and indirectly) and other partners with the goal to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative social media marketing plans that speak to customers, maximize engagement and create sharing, engagement and advocacy
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development for consumer brands
- Demonstrated track record of transforming social channels into strategic, brand and revenue-generating channels
- 3+ years of management experience and growing/mentoring teams
- Experience working cross-functionally to influence change; team player with high emotional intelligence and able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Data-driven decision maker with ability to communicate complex information effectively to all stakeholders
- A willingness to get your hands dirty -- you enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment with lots of ambiguity & new challenges
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants.