Senior Analytics Engineer
OneCare Media is a high-growth, performance marketing company committed to bettering the health & wellness of our community. Through expert-driven resources and curated recommendations, OneCare helps consumers make better informed, more personalized decisions in their healthcare journeys.
About the Role
This candidate will be the second addition to the newly added Analytics Engineering Team at OneCare. As such, they will have a pivotal role in shaping the foundations of the transformation layer in modernizing the data stack. This candidate will work closely with Business Development, Finance, Growth, and Digital teams to develop a deep knowledge of the data objectives throughout the company and become an advocate for self-service & data-driven decision making. Additionally, they will work closely with data engineering to execute & prioritize data ingestion needs.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the business stakeholders to understand the different use cases and analytics workflows and transform those business requirements into code.
- Provide clean & reliable data objects to end-users, modeling data in a way that empowers them to answer their own questions.
- Contribute to & partake ownership of the data transformation codebase, becoming a steward of its integrity & organization.
- Become an expert in our BI tool (Sigma) to build starter dashboards for the team, and become a go-to resource for self-service development.
- Be an advocate for data & self-service – promote published data marts & show users how to leverage internal tools to answer questions.
- Communicate to all data-consumers in a manner that non-technical people can understand and engage.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics / BI developer role.
- You are comfortable with Data Analysis – you can comfortably navigate between the technical details of large datasets while being able to translate what that means for downstream business partners.
- You are comfortable communicating technically with other engineers and also tailoring your communication to internal business customers (non-technical).
- You are very comfortable in SQL.
- Preferred experience in DBT, Git, and Python.
- You have experience building reports in reporting/business intelligence tools.
- You are a self-starter – you thrive in an environment where you receive high level objectives and can then run with it.
Who We Are
- We play an important role in the health & wellness decisions of our audiences, and it’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly. We invest thoughtfully to provide the most expert-driven, audience-first experience
- We embody rapid, sustainable growth. Our team has quadrupled in the last year and we’re just scratching the surface of all we can accomplish. Run into a challenge or a new opportunity? Everyone on the team rolls up their sleeves and digs in
- We’re going to push you to ask big questions and find bold answers. Everyone has a seat at the table, regardless of their title or job description
- We believe that flexibility in how we do our best work is important. Our roles are typically on a hybrid model – create your schedule around what works best for you
- Spoiler alert: we love a good celebration! We enjoy what we do because of who we do it with, and take time to celebrate every win – whether ours or a teammate’s
$115,000 - $135,000. Note that final compensation is subject to the candidate’s specific qualifications and location, as well as the needs of the company.
This position is eligible to participate in the company’s annual bonus plan. The target bonus opportunity is 15% of the base salary.
The Company currently provides medical, vision, and dental insurance with 99% to 100% of the employee medical, vision, and dental premiums covered by the Company. There is an option to participate in both a medical FSA and dependent care FSA. We offer a 401(k) plan, with fully matching contributions up to 3% of salary and 50% matching from 3% to 5% of salary. You will be eligible for Paid Time Off in accordance with the company’s policies. Our Seattle-based employees will receive commuter benefits.
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants.