Senior Engineer, Data Platform
OneCare Media is a high-growth, digital media company committed to bettering the health & wellness of our community. Through expert-driven resources and curated recommendations, OneCare helps consumers make better informed, more personalized decisions in their healthcare journeys.
About the Role
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience working on large-scale data systems. The Data Platform team provides the foundation for data services & applications to integrate & coexist. As a senior member of the group, you will help define a platform that is highly leveraged and consumed.
The primary focus of this role is to build & maintain robust pipelines that connect (3rd and 1st party systems). You will work w/ business stakeholders and experts on identifying all the entities, objects & events that need to be synchronized. Most of these systems revolve around supporting a digital experience —from users browsing our site(s) to check out in shop(s) all the way to order fulfillment and replenishment. These include: e-commerce, CRM, ERP, customer support, 3rd party logistics (3PL), and given the nature of our business, electronic health records (EHR). The expectation is that there will be a flavor or personalization through these digital interactions, which entails entity resolution (CDP) & promoting relevant recommendations (content, ads, products, etc.) in a performant manner.
The ideal profile is a data engineer looking to graduate from working on purely analytical pipelines to integrate an ecosystem of applications. Or you are a software engineer passionate about data and looking to get more involved in large-scale systems.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse (DW).
- Design & build robust integrations that enable different applications to exchange data & functionality — system-to-system or following a ‘reverse ETL’ pattern, as our primary system of record will be the DW.
- Implement proper telemetry & instrumentation from our digital assets.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, including design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional members to define, design and ship new features.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, take ownership and responsibility over new projects, and perform audits to ensure data quality and integrity.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years work experience in software development or data engineering with a focus on designing and implementing data services in a cloud environment.
- Prior experience in Digital Analytics, PPC / SEO or Digital Marketing areas or similar (Big plus).
- Experience in CCPA, PII, PHI, and other data compliance-related areas (and all the governance it entails).
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing using Cloud database technologies.
- Comfortable w/ APIs & middleware design best practices (rate limits, parallelization, etc…).
- Strong software engineering experience and deep familiarity in programming languages such as Python, Java, Node.js, Go, C++, or equivalent.
- Experience working with at least one public cloud solution AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience working with cloud data warehouse / data lake solutions (Snowflake, Redshift, Google Big Query, Databricks or equivalent platform).
- Strong working knowledge in containerization and delivery of services via containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Ability to architect at scale data integrations from third-party applications.
- You have strong experience in SQL (query proficiency and performance tuning skills).
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a desire to learn and teach.
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
Who We Are
- We play an important role in the health & wellness decisions of our audiences, and it’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly. We invest thoughtfully to provide the most expert-driven, audience-first experience
- We embody rapid, sustainable growth. Our team has quadrupled in the last year and we’re just scratching the surface of all we can accomplish. Run into a challenge or a new opportunity? Everyone on the team rolls up their sleeves and digs in
- We’re going to push you to ask big questions and find bold answers. Everyone has a seat at the table, regardless of their title or job description
- We believe that flexibility in how we do our best work is important. Our roles are typically on a hybrid model – create your schedule around what works best for you
- Spoiler alert: we love a good celebration! We enjoy what we do because of who we do it with, and take time to celebrate every win – whether ours or a teammate’s
$135,000 - $150,000. Note that final compensation is subject to the candidate’s specific qualifications and location, as well as the needs of the company.
This position is eligible to participate in the company’s annual bonus plan. The target bonus opportunity is 15% of the base salary.
The Company currently provides medical, vision, and dental insurance with 99% to 100% of the employee medical, vision, and dental premiums covered by the Company. There is an option to participate in both a medical FSA and dependent care FSA. We offer a 401(k) plan, with fully matching contributions up to 3% of salary and 50% matching from 3% to 5% of salary. You will be eligible for Paid Time Off in accordance with the company’s policies. Our Seattle-based employees will receive commuter benefits.
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants